Nov 4, 2010

Day with Old Man Evans Part 2: Coors Tour


After a morning of fishy fun, we took Cowboy Bronco Billy to get a cool beverage at the Miller-Coors factory tour in Golden, CO. Its a nice 30 min self-guided jaunt through an impressive facility and you get free beer at the end.


click read more to expand




The 'M' is for The School of Mines. Not Mountain, as I had guessed.




Where dreams are made.








The makings of beer


Step one: green stuff


Step two: brown stuff


And as everything we consume, add corn and prest-o!







Wow, indeed.


Now that's America.










Halfway through a 30 min tour you get some beer. "I can't wait 15 more minutes man, I need something to get me the rest of the way! Oh, thank god."



I didn't sit on it out of fear of getting stuck like in A Christmas Story, but way worse.






Finally we made it to the bar, which was pretty neat. 




Cowboy Bronco Billy bellies up to the bar


Batch 19 is only available in 5 cities and on tap at the Miller-Coors bar in Golden, so make the trip out and try it out.




As the bubbles leave my glass we say good bye to the factory and look forward to the next time we can travel your malty halls. I think we might have to become one of the "short tour" groups. I wonder what kind of limits they have on how many times you can go in a day? That is a question I am willing to answer, for science. It was great having Cowboy Bronco Billy out to the big city and can't wait for him to visit again.

1 comment: